December 19, 2010

Christmas Comes Around Only Twice a Year



I celebrated Christmas with part of my family today. It was fun. I ate like it was Thanksgiving. I got a hippopotamus. And, oh man, Grandma desserts are the best.

Grandma has only ever had a film camera. Her whole life. The sound of film automatically rewinding is not foreign to me because of Grandma. And boy, does she love to take pictures. I think that's where I get it from. For Christmas her kids all chipped in and got her a digital, top of the line, point & shoot Canon. If only you knew how much she loved taking pictures, you'd understand how sweet it was that she teared up when she opened it.

Grandpa-- pictured above-- hates having his picture taken. And he's so dry. I think I get some of my sharpness from him. At the dining room table, it's my own little comedy show. My competition? Grandpa. He could easily put me out of business at The Dining Room Table Comedy Club. Actually, he's more like a heckler. Either way, it could be bad for business, but so good for laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment