January 1, 2011

Film.

I end up carrying around my film camera when I'm feeling sentimental or nostalgic. It's not very often. In fact, I think I've only pulled out the Mamiya about 5 times in the year of 2010 (2011 already?). Also, it takes me ages to print film. So, as a result of my flimsy will to print film, this is a hodge-podge of prints. There are photos from my very last day of school. Photos from Ciao Bella Italiano Grande Primo Piazza Gratzi Luigi Spagetti Gondola. Photos from the last big NC snow. Photos of graduation. Photos from my most recent adventure. Looking through these pictures after such a long period of time pulled at my heart strings.

Sometimes film captures tone better than digital.






I wish everyone could experience and know all the people I know. You'd then know that the picture below is perfect.


Love this picture.


I remember so clearly that this is the last time I saw Ryan in the 09-10 school year.
So much love.

This was crazy. This was an accident I happened upon, last day of school, in the little city of Salisbury, where a student-- the back of the car was packed full of boxes, pillows, clothes--flipped his car. This happened seconds before I pulled up. Scary.




This is what I see in my head when I think of Christmas.

I don't know what happened with this film, but I kind of like it.








Robinia. Beautiful.






These next few snow pictures aren't from this winter at all. In fact, I'm not ever sure they were from last winter.

I love how the colors turned out.










My street in the spring. The picture doesn't do it justice. Cherry trees are the prettiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment