January 30, 2011

What a Tease

The sun does something to me. It makes me alive. The temperature went up to a frigid 68 degrees. The sun was out. It was a taste of spring. No matter how much I love cold weather, I'm ready for short sleeves and driving with the windows down.

There's something magical about driving with the windows down. There are so many smells. Fresh air. Cigarette smoke. Exhaust. Barbecue. Adventure. I can't wait for warmer weather.

I wasn't going to waste it. I put on my flip flops. I got in my car. Rolled down the windows. Put my iPod on shuffle. And met up with Emily. I found myself smiling like an idiot the whole way. Oh, Emily. I've known her for a good while. She knew me when I didn't have bangs. She's getting married in the summer and moving to the land called Virginia. She's real cute. She does things like buy tulips.




I smushed one side of my camera bag down because there wasn't anything else to set my camera on. I set the timer and yelled "Jump!" to cue Emily. I laugh so hard when I look through these. We put on quite a show for the folks in the mexican restaurant.












No comments:

Post a Comment